Creating Chip Generators Using Genesis2
What are chip generators?
- In a nutshell...
- The Chip Generator (CG) is a design system for automatically producing custom heterogeneous CMP chips for specific applications.
- Tell me more...
- Because of technology scaling, power dissipation is today’s major performance limiter. Moreover, the traditional way to achieve power efficiency, application-specific designs, is prohibitively expensive. These power and cost issues necessitate rethinking digital design. To reduce design costs, we need to stop building chip instances, and start making chip generators instead. Domain-specific chip generators are templates that codify designer knowledge and design trade-offs to create different application-optimized chips.
- I really want to understand...
- Please read "Rethinking Digital Design: Why Design Must Change," O. Shacham, O. Azizi, M. Wachs, W. Qadeer, Z. Asgar, K. Kelley, J.P. Stevenson, A. Solomatnikov, A. Firoozshahian, B.C. Lee, S. Richardson, M. Horowitz IEEE Micro, Nov/Dec 2010. (IEEE Explore or IEEE Computer Society)
- Login|Create User Account -- If you are new to this wiki, and still do not have an account, you need to send email to one of the Wiki's administrators and ask for an account (Shacham,Richardson, ). Unless you create yourself an account this wiki is read only.
About This Mediawiki Installation
Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.