GUI Source Code Guide
Subdirectories include: cgi, designs, (scratch?), xml-decoder
vlsiweb:/usr/lib/cgi-bin/genesis links to the cgi subdirectory and is thus available via the URL http://vlsiweb/cgi-bin/genesis. Among the files in this directory:
- choosedesign.pl - Builds a form whereby the user chooses a design to modify via Genesis. choosedesign.pl uses this information to call opendesign.pl
- updatedesign.pl - After the user modifies a design and presses "Submit," the GUI sends XML-format changes to updatedesign.pl, which calls updatedesign.csh, which calls Genesis2, which updates the design database with the new changes.
The gui/designs subdirectory contains
- sample design subdirectory tgt0 containing multiple user-generated variations;
- mkdesign.csh uses "make" command to generate an xml database for a given design;
- updatedesign.csh called by updatedesign.pl, see above;
opendesign.pl uses the gui/scratch subdirectory to build intermediate files necessary to put together a design base.
Now No longer powered by Python !!